About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Solskjaer proves Man Utd record breaker: We want to entertainby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveOle Gunnar Solskjaer admits he’s happy to be breaking records at Manchester United.Paul Pogba scored twice while Marcus Rashford and Romelu Lukaku also netted to stun Bournemouth.And Solskjaer is only the THIRD United boss in history to win his first three games in charge.He declared: “We want to go attacking. We’ve been at home two games and have to entertain the crowd.”You have good players, they want to learn, improve — I just want to do my bit.”We created some great chances — some fantastic attacking football.”That’s what the fans want to see and the players are enjoying themselves.”
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool legend Souness yet to be won over by Fabinhoby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool legend Graeme Souness is yet to be won over by Fabinho.Souness has questioned whether the Brazil midfielder is up to the standards Liverpool are seeking to reach.”Liverpool don’t have what I would call milky players,” he told the Sunday Times. “Before the season began they identified midfield as an area that needed strengthening and brought in Fabinho and Naby Keita. “I am yet to be fully convinced by Fabinho and wonder why it has taken such a long time for him to get up to speed.”He has played well since getting into the team but he still has a bit to go.”
Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has brushed off concerns over his mental and physical fitness ahead of England’s UEFA Nations League tie against Spain.The England captain who finished as top scorer at this summer’s World Cup is expected to be honored for his achievements in Russia by wearing a specially commissioned pair of golden boots against Spain, reads little into those figures beyond the fact that he may simply have become more efficient in front of goal.“People are looking as if I’ve changed my game but I’ve scored the same number as after four games last season. Maybe I’ve become a better finisher,” Kane said, according to London Football News.“Whether it’s 10 shots or 28 shots, I’ve scored the same number. And I’ve scored in two games rather than one.”“There are always little things that people pick out of your game but I feel good, I feel sharp. That’s what important.”“It was great, I scored some good goals and important goals but there was stuff I could have done better as well…certain finishes, certain movements.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“To win the Golden Boot at the World Cup and feel like I could have done better is exciting. There’s a lot of improvement (to go) and I’m at a high level already.”Meanwhile, Kane has not ruled out the possibility of a mid-season rest at some stage, though, and feels Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is open to the prospect.“The manager is very good at managing that throughout the season,” he said.“I feel fine now, everyone’s fresh, but there might be stages in the season where you have a dip.“That’s where the manager comes in and you might get a few days’ break, or rested for a game.”
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has come to the defence of Raheem Sterling after the City winger was awarded a controversial penalty during their 6-0 drubbing of Shakhtar Donetsk.Guardiola says he knew “immediately” that his team had been wrongly awarded a penalty in Wednesday’s victory over Shakhtar, but defended Sterling for not pointing out the error.The former Liverpool player went down in the box in the 24th minute after kicking the turf as he shaped to shoot.But match referee Viktor Kassai awarded a penalty, believing Sterling had been tripped by Shakhtar’s Mykola Matvyenko.Guardiola was seen on the touchline he disagreeing with the decision and later confirmed, according to Goal:“We realised immediately it was not a penalty.”Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…However, when asked whether Sterling should have made the referee aware that he had not been touched by Matvyenko, the former Barcelona manager said:“He could do that [flag up the mistake], but last season Liverpool… Milner could say that the pass to the second goal in the 44th minute it was a legal goal.”“But [referee Antonio] Mateu Lahoz didn’t want to concede that goal, so that’s why it happened, but he could do that, yes.”“We don’t like to score a goal in that situation but [Sterling] didn’t realise. The referee at the end realised. The Spanish referee Mateu Lahoz, he realised, he didn’t want to concede.”“But in that situation [Sterling] didn’t realise because he wanted to chip, caught the grass, goes down, it’s not a penalty.”
Gerard Pique insists Barcelona are keen on beating Tottenham Hotspurs in their final Champions League group game, despite already winning the group.Spurs and Inter Milan are the two other clubs vying for the final qualification spot with the Italian giants a bit concerned the Catalans may rest several stars for the game.However, Pique’s claims will somehow bring some respite to Inter fans who will face PSV Eindhoven in their last group fixture.“Of course we’ll play to win like we always do,” Pique told Football Espana.“Our history shows this, plus we don’t want to interrupt our good run of results.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“In particular, we want to win and keep another clean sheet. As for Inter and Tottenham, I hope the best team qualify.“Of course, we’ll play our game trying to win it.”Spurs will need to produce their best ever performance to get a result at the Camp Nou to make it three wins on the spin.
Early warning system predicted shaking from Oct. 30 quake “Smartphones carry all sorts of sensors, and we can put these to use in unexpected ways,” said Qingkai Kong. “Right now, we can only detect earthquakes above about Magnitude 5.0, but with better accelerometers in future smartphones we would hope to detect smaller ones as well.”The key enabler in smartphones for this type of work is in their accelerometers, that can detect and record movement and may monitor tremors. An app is being developed that will record the shaking during major events and then report the data back to a central server over the cell network. But what good is short notice when an earthquake is on its deadly way? Advance notice even in seconds is actually of value, as the BBC report noted, in not only giving people time to take cover but for trains to slow or planes to abort landings or for surgeons to manage their procedures knowing the event is on its way.The theory is that a smartphone seismic network would feed directly into the early warning system, having detected faster moving but not as damaging P-waves ahead of S-waves in an event.The Berkeley initiative was made known at the American Geophysical Union Fall meeting. As phones would be mobile and not sitting still on a flat surface, the researchers handled this by developing an algorithm to subtract “noise” in the data. The project is at an early stage. The topic of earthquakes hits very close to home at this lab; the Hayward Fault, which many scientists suspect is a potential trigger for a major earthquake in the San Francisco Bay Area, runs through the UC Berkeley campus. According to scientists and engineers in a 2008 report, it has a 31 percent probability of rupturing in a magnitude 6.7 or greater earthquake within the next 30 years. The team hopes to provide a test app next year to volunteers in the Bay Area.Actually, according to an observation from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) noted earlier this year, Internet-enabled devices, not just smartphones, but also laptops and game consoles now have accelerometers that can be used to detect and measure earthquakes. “Harnessing the data from these sensors could allow us to quickly detect large earthquakes, and accurately estimate where damage has occurred and where emergency responses are needed shortly after a quake.” Nonetheless, it added, smartphones have a powerful collection of sensors like GPS, accelerometers, and gyroscopes that make phones an ideal platform for collecting data about how a community experiences an earthquake. © 2012 Phys.org Citation: Smartphones as seismometers intrigue Berkeley researchers (2012, December 7) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2012-12-smartphones-seismometers-intrigue-berkeley.html More information: seismo.berkeley.edu/outreach/hayward_fault.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. (Phys.org)—Researchers at the Berkeley Seismological Laboratory want to table smartphones as pocket-sized seismometers. The phones used as warning systems could make a life or death difference in the seconds one might have before meeting up with the next event. “We are trying to set up a whole new network of smartphones so we can use the accelerometers in the smartphones to detect earthquakes,” a team spokesman told BBC News. With so many devices in circulation, detailed information could be known on who felt what, where. Explore further
Haji Aslam is one of the foremost representatives of the legendary musical heritage of qawwali and the torch bearer for esteemed Ustad Sufi Abdul Subham Sabri and Ustad Ghafoor Shakoor Sabri. He is internationally recognised as one of the greatest Qawal. Haji Asalm Sabri has thorough knowledge of Sufi Qawwali in many languages such as Persaian Urdu, Briji and Punjabi. He is one of the top graded artists on All India Radio since 1990 lauded as a singer, compose and poet of Sufiana Kalam. Having emerged as child prodigy, Aslam Sabri gave his public performance at the age of seven. His International debut was at Queen Elizabeth Hall in London when he was 19. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’At 21 he made history by becoming the youngest soloist to perform at one of the most prestigious international music festival held in London, known as the Indian All Night Sufi Concert. Since then he has performed in over 40 nations across music festivals and conferences in India, Europe, America, Middle East. He produced a seven episode long serial based on classical music in which classical legends from both south and north India participated. The serial was one of the highest rated shows on Doordarshan till date. Alam Sabri, 65-years-old and still raring to go is never tired. The zeal showed at Kamani Auditorium – Sham -E-Qawwali – where he performed with his 14-member group. Speaking to Millennium Post, he explained his life and musical philosophy with his favourite shayari – Haat khali hain tere shehar se jaate huye, jaan hoti toh meri jaan lutaa ke jaata.
Kolkata: The Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) will soon take up emphatic awareness campaign throughout the city to ensure that the food vendors and the consumers do not compromise with the food safety standards.”We will be putting up banners and posters with messages regarding food safety and security at strategic locations in the city. We will also distribute leaflets with do’s and don’t’s among common people, food vendors and also street food vendors. The regular inspection by our food inspectors which is going on in full swing on a regular basis will continue,” said a senior KMC official of the Food Safety wing. This wing comes under the aegis of the Health department of the civic body. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataThe Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have certain guidelines for those associated with food business so that the food that they serve to customers conform to standards. “We will be examining whether the vendors have valid FSSAI licence, whether they are using artificial colours and other requisites in maintaining food hygiene. The use of ice in drinks will also be under strong supervision. We have been conducting raids for the last two years to stop the use of industrial ice in drinks,” the official added. Also Read – Lightning kills 8, injures 16 in stateThe KMC’s food drive has received a major boost with the recruitment of 80 contractual staffs. A team of six officials has been formed for all the 16 boroughs under the civic body for taking up food drive. Each team will be led by a food inspector . The necessary training has already been provided to these new recruitees. The mobile food testing laboratory introduced by KMC in October last year is used in drive during weekends. It checks food quality right at the spot after picking up random samples from eateries.