75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Homepage BannerNews RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ WhatsApp By admin – May 31, 2015 Twitter Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Concerns have been raised following figures published under the Common Agricultural Scheme regarding payment to farmers.Figures released show that farmers in Donegal received over 85 million euro in payments last year.Over the past few days, the Department of Agriculture began publishing figures for every county.Farmers paid above €1,250 have their names published.Donegal IFA Environment Chairman, P.J. McMonagle says the publication will put farming families under threat:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/pj6-.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. WhatsApp Pinterest Previous articleHarps and Longford to do it again on Monday NightNext articleSuper Cockhill are through to the third round of the FAI Cup admin Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Twitter Pinterest Google+ Concerns raised following figures published by the Common Agricultural Scheme Facebook
Ex-Man City fullback Greg Leigh hopes NAC Breda fans now behind himby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Manchester City fullback Greg Leigh hopes he’s now winning over fans at NAC Breda.Having been snapped up from Bury last summer, Leigh suffered a slow start to his Eredivisie career.However, the defender impressed for victory over Vitesse and acknowledged the support and chants of “Leigh, Leigh, Leigh” from NAC fans.”I heard it, yes. I tried to shut myself off, but I heard it. I cannot deny that it makes you bigger as a player, it is good for your self-confidence,” he said.”I know what it has been like when I have not been able to convince, that is the most important thing for me. The criticism was sometimes justified, I can do better, I know.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Solskjaer proves Man Utd record breaker: We want to entertainby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveOle Gunnar Solskjaer admits he’s happy to be breaking records at Manchester United.Paul Pogba scored twice while Marcus Rashford and Romelu Lukaku also netted to stun Bournemouth.And Solskjaer is only the THIRD United boss in history to win his first three games in charge.He declared: “We want to go attacking. We’ve been at home two games and have to entertain the crowd.”You have good players, they want to learn, improve — I just want to do my bit.”We created some great chances — some fantastic attacking football.”That’s what the fans want to see and the players are enjoying themselves.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say INSIDER: Alba furious with Barcelona over Rabiot offerby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona fullback Jordi Alba is upset over the way he’s been treated by management.Alba has made it no secret over his frustration regarding a lack of progress in new contract talks – and adding to his anger is Barca’s move for PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot.Okdiario’s chief pundit Eduardo Inda told El Chiringuito, “Jordi Alba is having a terrible time because they are going to sign Rabiot, a huge player who is liked by Real Madrid. “He sees that he is going to be paid €10m a year. He has been asking for a renewal for a long time and his anger is bursting.”
Lascelles motivates Newcastle for ‘six-pointer’ with Brightonby Ansser Sadiqa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United captain Jamaal Lascelles has branded Saturday’s clash with Brighton as a “six-pointer”.Both clubs are expected to fight to stay in the Premier League at the tail-end of the season.The 25-year-old said: “We’ve had another tough run to the start of the season. Playing Liverpool, Tottenham, and Arsenal is a tough start for anyone.”We’ve played some good football, and now against Brighton we need to be really pushing to get the three points out of that game.”These games are six-pointers. At home to Brighton, we’ve definitely got to fancy ourselves.”They could be competition for us, so anyone who’s going to be in and around us, we need to be taking points from. Saturday is the right time to do that.” About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
CALGARY – Alberta Premier Rachel Notley took her pro-pipeline tour to the heart of the energy industry in Calgary on Friday where she urged business leaders not to let up on the message that Canada’s climate progress depends on pipeline progress.Speaking in front of the Calgary Chamber, Notley assured the audience that she has been delivering that message in person all week to audiences in Ontario in an effort to see progress on pipelines, especially with Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain project that faces resistance in British Columbia.“The time to speak up is now,” said Notley, calling on both business leaders and Albertans of all political stripes to get out and talk about climate action, pipeline safety, and the importance of the energy industry for the overall economy.“This is all about our common future. And it’s bigger than any party label. As business leaders, your voice matters.”Touting the enormous economic benefits Alberta contributes to Canada, and the need to preserve good jobs in the energy sector while making progress on the environment, Notley was thanked for her efforts with a standing ovation from a crowd that greeted her with lukewarm applause two years ago.Notley also called on the federal Liberals, as she had when in Ottawa and Toronto this week, to do more to advocate for the pipeline.“You have to step up,” she said. “This project is in the national interest, that’s why it got approved.”“Now, more than ever, Canadians need our national government to articulate, and then defend the national interest,” she added.Ian Anderson, president of Kinder Morgan Canada, thanked Notley for her strong advocacy on behalf of the project and the industry in his introduction of the premier.“You’ve been a strong and unwavering supporter of ours, and our industry. Your voice is being heard loud and clear across the country.”He noted the importance of the public relations campaign as Kinder Morgan has still yet to put shovels in the ground for a project that the federal government approved a year ago.“While we had hoped that we would have been putting Albertans to work, I can assure you we will very soon be putting Albertans to work and we will be commencing construction as soon as we possibly can on the project.”Notley takes her pipeline tour to Vancouver next week where there exists some of the fiercest opposition to a project that would nearly triple the capacity of the pipeline running from Alberta to Burnaby, B.C.
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – HBO’s programming chief pushed back Wednesday against the possibility that the cable channel will suffer under new owner AT&T.Casey Bloys, speaking to a meeting of TV critics, said there are no plans to choose volume over quality for its shows.“No one is asking us to take pitches of a ‘Love Boat’ reboot or anything like that,” he said.As support, Bloys cited comments made during an earnings call Tuesday by John Stankey, who manages the new AT&T division that includes HBO and other Time Warner media assets. AT&T acquired Time Warner in an $85 billion deal concluded earlier this month.Stankey said that the aim was to invest more in premium content at HBO, home to “Game of Thrones,” ”Big Little Lies” and “Westworld.” In contrast, he reportedly told HBO staff recently to prepare for a difficult year.Bloys called Tuesday’s remarks “music to our ears.”Time Warner had curtailed programming investment as it readied itself for sale “so this is the first time in a long time we’ve heard anybody talking about investing in programming,” he said.HBO has long held the high ground in acclaimed shows but is facing challenges from big-spending newcomers including streaming services Netflix and Amazon. In the recently announced Emmy nominations, Netflix ended HBO’s 17-year streak as the most-nominated outlet by snagging 112 bids to HBO’s 108.The outcome was unsurprising given the overall volume of programming, Bloys said, a reference to the phenomenon dubbed “peak TV” that has given viewers nearly 500 series.Getting four fewer nominations “is not going to change the type of programs that we develop and produce at all,” he said, but added that HBO does face the challenge of creating more programming without changing its approach.“So that’s what we’re in discussion now. What’s the right level for us with this increased funding?” he said.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A Go Fund Me campaign has started for a Fort St. John family who lost everything due to a house fire on August 5th.Greg Slack, Robyn Carr and their three children were luckily out of the house when the fire occurred at approximately 4:50 on Sunday. Fire crews were able to put out the fire within one hour but due to smoke damage, the house was unsalvagable.Fort St. John Fire Department Captain Marco D’Agostino explained that the fire started in the laundry room likely due to a build-up of lint in the dryer. D’agostino added that the family’s dryer had plastic tubes in the back which when exposed to excessive heat don’t react well. D’agistino went on to warn residents to check dryer lint deposits regularly so this doesn’t happen to their homes in the future.The family lost all their clothes, appliances, personal items, and children’s toys, making them have to effectively start from scratch.Anyone interested in donating to the Go Fund Me can click here.
If you or know someone that would be suited to or would like to join the Board yourself, read the nomination package CLICK HERE The deadline for submissions is 11:59PM, Friday, February 4, 2019. VANCOUVER, B.C. – The BC Chamber of Commerce has one vacancy in the Northeast without an incumbent.The BC Chamber of Commerce is seeking people that want to help shape the Chamber’s future through their actions, words and principals to serve on the 2019 Board of Directors.They seek dynamic individuals to serve as leaders in their pursuit of advocacy, insight, and influence.
VICTORIA, B.C. – The Provincial government will help bring an end to shell companies and other legal entities to anonymously hide wealth, evade taxes and launder money.According to the government the landowner transparency act, when passed, will establish a public registry of beneficial owners of property in B.C., meaning true ownership will no longer be hidden.The act will require corporations, trusts and partnerships, which currently own or buy land, to disclose their beneficial owners in the registry. Corporations, trusts and partnerships that fail to disclose could face fines of up to $100,000 or 15% of the assessed property value, whichever is greater shared the government. “For years, the previous government did not act, while people used numbered companies, trusts and partnerships to hide who really owns property in B.C.,” said Carole James, Minister of Finance. “Their decisions led to B.C.’s international reputation as a place to anonymously invest wealth and left the real estate sector open to tax evasion, fraud and money laundering.“This registry will make information about the true owners of B.C. real estate publicly available and help crack down on illegal activities. It is one of the key steps our government is taking to ensure homes in B.C. are used for people, not speculative investment or money laundering.”Transparency International Canada released a report in 2016 indicating that nearly one-third of the 100 most valuable residential properties in Greater Vancouver were owned by shell companies. Data leaks, such as the Panama Papers and the Paradise Papers, have provided further examples of how loopholes have left Canada exposed.B.C’s new ownership registry is Canada’s first publicly searchable registry of its kind.According to the government information, including names of all corporate interest holders, beneficial owners or partners, will be publicly searchable through the registry. Tax authorities, law enforcement agencies and relevant regulators will have access to more detailed information and may use it to crack down on tax evasion, fraud and money laundering.“Requiring companies, trusts and partnerships to disclose their controlling shareholders, beneficial owners and partners protects the public by letting everyone know who they are dealing with in B.C.’s real estate market,” said Nancy Merrill, president of the Law Society of BC. “This groundbreaking move by the B.C. government will increase the transparency of land ownership in B.C. and make it more difficult to use such arrangements for tax evasion, fraud and money laundering. British Columbians will benefit from a fairer and more transparent real estate market.” In addition, the B.C. government shared they are introducing amendments to the Business Corporations Act to crack down on tax evasion and money laundering by requiring private companies to hold accurate and up-to-date information about the true owners of their shares and eliminating bearer shares, which are unregistered shares owned by the certificate holder.